Spilling some oily sauce or food on your tablecloth may happen any time. If you do not have appropriate cleaners at that exact moment, then it could make the total removal of the spots later impossible. For these extreme situations, you need quick tricks for removing grease stains. Here they are:
- Cover the stain with copious amounts of salt. It will absorb the fat and will prevent its penetration into the fabric. In the absence of salt, you can use sugar. Once the place is dry, use a brush to remove the remaining particles of the used salt or sugar.
- Lemon juice is also a good helper in the fight with oily stains. Apply a small amount to the affected area and leave it to work for about an hour. Your carpet cleaners Hammersmith would also recommend you lemon juice for dealing with greasy stains on your rugs.
- In order to remove a dry grease spot, soak the cloth in a solution of water, apple vinegar and alcohol. Leave it for 1 hour and then rinse.
- Baking soda is one of the common used ingredients in domestic cleaning Hammersmith. It is very efficient for removing impurities including the greasy spots. Baking soda is suitable for white fabrics, because it has a slight lightening action. Put a small amount of it on the stain and rub with a wet sponge or cloth. Leave it for 15-20 minutes.
- The corn flour is suitable for cleaning coloured fabrics. Just put a small amount of it on the stain and rub it gently. Leave it to act for about 20 minutes.
- It's good to use talcum powder or baby powder over the stain. Sprinkle a little of the dry and gently rub it on your texture with a dry sponge or cloth. The powder should be rubbed well into the fabric in order to be successful against the grease stain.
Whichever of our pieces of advice you use, you should remember that it is just a half of the fight against these stubborn stains. After you are done with any of these procedures, you have to wash the tablecloth in the washing machine, using a special detergent!